This is a very easy recipe and it is excellent. I have entered it in three cook-offs and it has won all three. Two times I have cooked in a dutch oven and once in my oven in the BBQ trailer. I am going to give instructions for the oven. I know you dutch oven enthusiast will know how to adjust. A simple pie crust is easy enough to make or you can use premade crust from your local grocer. I encourage you to give it a try you will love it.
1. 2 1/2 lbs frozen peaches (I buy 5lb bags that I get at our local HEB) so I use 1/2 bag
2. 2 cups sugar
3. 1/4 cup flour
4. 1/3 cup cinnamon with sugar
5. 1/4 juice of a lemon
5. 3 premade pie crust or two large homemade crust
6. 1/4 cup butter
7. 1/4 cup Jack Daniel’s
1. In a bowl add thawed peaches, sugar and flour(mix the sugar and flour before adding to the peaches) and Jack Daniel’s allow time for the peaches to render their juices, stir occasionally.
2. Grease a baking dish with shortening, 9X13 sheet pan or a half hotel pan.
3. Line the pan with crust.
4. Add lemon juice and about half of the cinnamon mixture and stir into the peaches.
5. Fill the crust with the peach mixture.
6. Cover the fruit with the remaining crust.
7 With a sharp knife slice the top of the crust to release steam.
8. Sprinkle cinnamon over the top of the crust and place butter pats on top of the crust.
9. Place the cobbler into a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 45 minutes. The crust should be golden brown and the juices should be bubbling thru the crust.